Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Meeting of the minds..

Another significant show for WTP was January 8th, 2009. Joe Buck played this little shit hole bar (shit hole of the shit holes I'm told) in Quincy, IL. Some people are even scared to walk in this area at night. At the entrance there was a car that had the hood dented, windshield was busted and it looked as though someone had been thrown at very recently. The show was Joe Buck Yourself and Ol' Red Shed


This is the show where I met Eric Koenig. Neither of us realized the significance of this at the time but later in 2009 Eric and his cousin Matt began to operate a Walk The Plank chapter in Quincy. They do a GREAT job and are very well known in this music scene. 


Here are a few photos from Joe Bucks set that night:



Joe's home (he's got a much more economical home now)


Setting up


Jesus


Tunin'



Joe Buck Yourself Mother Fucker!!




Biggest night that shitty little bar had before or since..



2 comments:

  1. Josh, I have been following the blog posts today... you are such a great writer! I don't know of anyone who could have said/written it better. So glad to be a part of this with you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I don't really feel like much of a writer but I'm trying to say what I feel needs said and in a way that everyone feels represented. I need to figure out how to add you and dog bite as contributors so you guys can use it too.

    ReplyDelete